How it's Done
Juniper MX480 de re rack in pictures
Halfway through the week and apart from the usual mix of logistics we have already completed a Luxembourg to Dusseldorf server relocation project and this morning are back out in Amsterdam in The Netherlands on our regular round robin to London Heathrow distributing computer networking equipment.
Monday our handling and security procedures were put to the test for a high profile company who required a 3 rack server move from Luxembourg to Dusseldorf. Immediate feedback from our client's US customer was that the move was handled professionally and with military precision.
All equipment was de racked ready for labelling as per the rack elevation plan / build list and was then securely packed in our anti static lined bespoke server flight cases for the short trip to Dusseldorf.
Want to see more of the services we provide in the IT industry and current projects then take a look at our web page dedicated to his @ www.secure-transportation.co.uk/server_relocation.html or call us on +44(0) 208 432 2246
Measure Twice Cut Once
As well as our range of specialist services we also do general cargo including imports and exports in and out of all UK and European airports. This one today on the 18th July 2018 was for an export of machinery weighing a total of 9800 kg. 6 pieces split across our Luton tail lift and a flat bed artic.
I think the case packers did a "crate job". Measure twice cut once springs to mind as you can see the shipment just fitted in our Luton like a glove and the largest crate only just went through warehouse door at Swissport LHR!
Call us on 0208 432 2246
Just back from Berlin in Germany for our client's annual tech summit delivering everything from t-shirts, a very large and heavy demo networking rack to all the office equipment and supplies for the event to take place.
There and back via Amsterdam in 48 hours with an overnight stop and a beer and schnitzel of course!
This is an invaluable specialist piece of kit which we haven't been without for the last 15 years. It loads itself in and out of all our panel vans including our small Renault Trafic and can lift up to 600 kg! Perfect for that last mile delivery in suburban areas where getting a tail lift vehicle or larger truck in can be awkward or even impossible.
Have a look at our Specialist Handling Equipment page on our website which has a selection of our kit that enables us to provide a bespoke and truly specialist logistics service to our clients.
0208 432 2246
For some free advice
Just back from from the annual Post Office Awards at the Hilton Park Lane for one of our clients. A nice little Sunday 02.30 am load out ;)
Busy few months on the corporate event scene with some back to back jobs for our regular clients. If we can be of assistance with logistics for your next exhibition, trade show or corporate event then please give us a call on
0208 432 2246
Infosec Trade Show at Olympia 2018
ABTT Theatre Show at Alexander Palace
- IT server relocation, large network router installations, de-rack and re-rack
- Extensive range of bespoke specialist handling and lifting equipment.
- Secure vehicles with air ride suspension for the transportation of unpacked IT equipment.
- Secure vehicles ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Fully insured for transportation and installation subject to additional premium.
- A full range of packing materials and bespoke flight cases to ensure safe transit.
Call us on
0208 432 2246
for some free advice or a quote
A few of our latest projects
Equipment de racked and securely packed then stored in our warehouse for a few days until we re racked it in our clients Fareham datacentre suite.
Cunard Queen Victoria @ Southampton 04/05/2018
Regent Seven Seas Explorer @ Southampton 31/05/2018
Oceania Nautica @ Southampton 08/06/2018
Cunard Queen Victoria @ Southampton 06/07/2018
Cunard Queen Elizabeth @ Southampton 13/07/2018
Cunard Queen Victoria @ Southampton 20/07/2018
Celebrity Silhouette 21/07/2018
Oceania Nautica @ Southampton 19/08/2018
Cunard Queen Elizabeth @ Southampton 24/08/2018
Cunard Queen Elizabeth & the Oceania Nautica @ Southampton 14/09/2018
Celebrity Silhouette 23/09/2018
1/2 rack relocation £435.00 - Full rack relocation £475.00
Why choose us?
To help us celebrate our 22nd year of business we are offering all new customers who open an account with us in 2018 some great introductory offers on IT hardware relocations from anywhere in London and up to 25 miles outside of the M25 or vice versa.
Don't forget our services aren't only limited to London. We cover the whole of the UK and European Union. So if you are thinking of relocating your IT hardware further afield then please drop us an email for a competitive quote.
Stumbled across this blog post and want to carry out some due diligence? Take a look at our web page dedicated to our range of IT Relocation and Installation Services where you will find loads of information and dozens of "real projects" with real photos, or you can look up one of the Directors on LinkedIn where you will find many recommendations from industry professionals.
About this offer
To be read in conjunction with our standard T&C's.
- From anywhere within London and up to 25 miles outside the M25 or vice versa.
- Between our normal working hours of Monday to Friday 08.00 hrs - 20.00 hrs, please call for details outside of these hours.
- Excludes TFL Congestion Charge where applicable.
- Excludes any parking costs where there is insufficient parking at collection and delivery points.
- Collection and delivery points must have good access with 70 cm door width clearance and lift access to all floors, otherwise a site survey may be necessary. Secure Transportation Ltd has all the necessary manual handling equipment to overcome any obstacles from kerbside delivery to installation point including stair climbing machines.
- All equipment must be powered down and migration of data or backups completed prior to arrival on site.
- Based upon 1 person + 1 vehicle and all necessary equipment to facilitate move. Client's engineer(s) must be onsite and able to help otherwise a second person can be provided at additional cost.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT @ 20%
- Engineers insurance for de/re rack and transportation optional. Please call for details.
Does LinkedIn Work?
Whilst some may feel LinkedIn is slowly becoming like Facebook with content that is more suited to friends and family, I still firmly believe it is a business tool to be reckoned with. Personally I have never got any new business from Facebook, Instagram or Twitter but having said that I have enjoyed the interaction nonetheless. If you can cut through the funny videos, memes and fake news and appreciate the many individuals and businesses selling their wares, then there is a wealth of information and professionals to connect with on LinkedIn. Don't ever feel ashamed plugging what you do. After all.................
'Building connections starts with people seeing all you have to offer' - LinkedIn
Connection requests fired off with a little note attached and we now have a new customer with T&C's signed off and a £400 job already completed this week.
From Little Acorns Do Mighty Oaks Grow
Secure Transportation Ltd
Some of the things we have been up to this week
3 x Juniper Networks MX960 core router installations across 2 London Datacenters
A couple of corporate events, 1 for Vodafone @ Farnborough International the other for Fortinet @ The London Hilton Canary Wharf
Andy Pedley is one of the directors of Secure Transportation Ltd, a SMB with a trusted and proven track record in diverse markets for over 22 years.
Exhibitions And Tradeshows
Pro Audio And AV Transport